5.24.2010

Easy Puzzle Storage

My little one has always loved to put together puzzles.
Two big problems we have are storage & sorting.

The wooden cutout puzzles are easy to sort since
every piece has its own space, and we stored them
stacked inside of a canvas bag in case the pieces fall out.

Cardboard puzzles are a whole different animal.  While
struggling one evening trying to put the correct pieces in the
correct box, (sometimes a toddler decides they want all the
puzzles piled in the floor together) I decided I needed a
way to identify which pieces went into the correct box!  

We have a big "book" of puzzles where the back of 
each puzzle piece is the same color as the corresponding
puzzle.  I love that idea, but was afraid I would run out
of colors.  I decided that I would use numbers instead!


You'll need -
Puzzle
Zip Close Bag
Marker
Scissors



Decide what number you are going to use.
Put that number on the puzzle picture & bag.
(I like the write-on freezer bags)



Lay out your puzzle pieces & write your puzzle number on the back.



Cut the picture off of the box.



Put your picture & pieces in the bag.
(Your kiddo will probably like helping!)


Easy to sort & store!!!  =)


The bags are easily stored in a drawer, basket, or plastic shoe box.
And it's SO much easier to sort the pieces if they get mixed together
by your little monkey who thinks that's a fun game to play!


0 fabulous folks said...: