2.04.2010

Throwdown Thursday

It's a cold, deary day here so we are staying in and I'm sewing!  I decided that I was going to make Mason something today!  I don't sew or embroider for him as much as I did when he was a baby, but when I saw this hooded towel tutorial over at Cole's Corner I knew this was exactly what I wanted to make for him.  He likes lots of different things (trucks, cars, tractors, trains), but 2 of his favorites are Blue's Clues & Superman.  I searched through my hundreds of embroidery designs until I found these!  Once the embroidery is done these are super fast to sew.  It took me 6 minutes from the time I sat down at the serger until I finished with the sewing machine.  And I even had to stop once to go see why he was so quiet...






I hope to have these listed in my store soon and even though I won't be able to offer licensed designs, I'm sure I can find the perfect design or even a name stacked over a large initial for your special someone or even for your gift giving needs!

My throwdown challenge for you this week is to make something for someone you love.  It doesn't have to be fancy, just something you made especially for them!

2 fabulous folks said...:

cinnamonspice said...

too cute! I am not much of a seamstress...wish I was! I made a mini scrapbook album for our Colombian exchange Teacher's Assistant & will post pics soon!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Those turned out fantastic!